Throughout the course of our lives, we must entrust our health to so many different health care professionals. Every time we seek medical attention, we are treated by nurses, aids, therapists, doctors, and other specialists. Administrative workers keep track of our medical records, and relay doctors messages, while pharmacists give us our medications.
With so many people responsible for our care, the chance of human error is astronomical. In fact, as many as 400,000 people die every year as the result of preventable medical mistakes, and that is because errors can be made at any stage of treatment. A clerical error which doesn’t seem like much, could cause a domino effect.
Always be aware that every encounter you have with a medical professional carries a risk. Be proactive when it comes to your medical care. There ARE ways to decrease your chances of being a victim of medical malpractice in the State of Ohio.
- Don’t just assume your healthcare professional knows your entire medical background.
- Know your own medical history.
- Ask questions and get all information needed for you to make informed decisions.
- Know your current medications.
- Double check the prescriptions your doctor writes.
- Always ask the pharmacy to make sure you received the correct prescriptions.
- Do your own research about any drug prescriptions, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Follow your instincts. If you feel like something is wrong, it probably is.
Any actions you take now can decrease your chances of becoming a victim of medical malpractice. In life, we all make mistakes, but the risk is so much greater when you’re dealing with your health. By gaining knowledge about your medical history, diagnosis, and treatment, you can confidently become a part of your own healthcare team.
If you or a loved one was a victim of medical malpractice, you have to call me right away at 1 (877) 944-4373. I can help you get answers and the compensation you deserve. As your Ohio medical malpractice lawyer, I’ll be there for you, and I’ll Make Them Pay!®
Author: Tim Misny | For more than 33 years, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in birth injury, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving “Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Columbus & Cincinnati, Ohio.” You can reach Tim by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 1 (877) 944-4373.