School bus accidents and school transportation collisions happen more often than most of us would like to think. Kids riding on school buses can suffer injuries when the bus is involved in a crash, and young children can be injured or killed when attempting to cross the street in front of or behind a school bus.
In some situations, school buses are also involved with other passenger vehicles, or pedestrian accidents happen when a child is struck by an oncoming vehicle after disembarking from a school bus. In sum, school bus accidents can happen in many different ways, and it is important to hold the at-fault party accountable.
As an accident lawyer in Cleveland with years of experience, I can begin working with you today on filing a claim for compensation.
Learning More About School Bus Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) defines school bus-related collisions as “any crash in which a vehicle, regardless of body design, used as a school bus, is directly or indirectly involved” in an accident.” How do school bus accidents happen, and how frequently do they occur? The National Safety Council (NSC) provides important facts and figures.
- About 70% of people who are killed in school bus-related accidents were occupants of vehicles other than a school bus;
- Approximately 17% of people killed in a school bus accident were pedestrians;
- School bus passengers account for about 5% of all people killed annually in school bus accidents, while school bus drivers account for around 4% of these fatalities;
- About 2% of all school bus deaths are bicyclists;
- More than one-third, or about 36%, of all people who suffer nonfatal injuries in school bus accidents are school bus passengers;
- School bus drivers account for around 8% of all nonfatal injuries in school bus collisions; and
- Approximately 51% of people injured in school bus collisions were occupants of other vehicles.
Filing a School Bus Accident Lawsuit in Cleveland
For most school bus accidents, the first step will involve filing an insurance claim. In many cases, however, it will be essential to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. If you need to file a school bus accident lawsuit in Cleveland, under Ohio law you will likely have two years from the date of the collision to file your lawsuit. The sooner you begin working with me on your case, the sooner I can help to get you the financial compensation you deserve.
How a Cleveland School Bus Accident Lawyer Can Help
Nothing can be more devastating than learning that your child has sustained serious or life-threatening injuries in a school bus accident. Even though school bus accidents are less common than general motor vehicle crashes, they can result in severe and even fatal child injuries.
As an experienced Cleveland accident attorney, I am committed to representing individuals in a wide variety of accident claims. Do not let the at-fault party get away with causing serious injuries and other losses when I can help you to seek the compensation you deserve. I’ll Make Them Pay!® Call me today at 877.944.4373 to learn more about how I can help.