40,000 people are hospitalized in the United States annually from burn injuries, and almost 4,000 of these burn victims die.. Burn survivors often face a long and painful road to recovery and usually suffer permanent damage and or severe complications.
If you suffered a burn injury, you need to seek immediate medical attention to prevent permanent disfigurement, serious infection, or even death.
Burn injuries are categorized by degree and severity:
- First Degree: First degree burns are minor, and only affect the outer layer of skin.
- Second Degree: Second degree burns affect the outer and second layer of skin, including blistering and severe pain.
- Third Degree: Third degree burns affect all three layers of skin, and cause permanent tissue damage. The chance of infection is very high.
Burns happen for a number of reasons, but burns that result in personal injury claims are usually caused by the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: air bag burns and chemical burns, burns from hot metal and fire/explosion
- Medical Treatment: Laser surgery burns
- Work Place: Chemical burns, electrical burns, flammable products
- Products Liability: Defective products causing fire
If you suffered a burn injury because of someone else’s negligence, you need to call me immediately at 1 (877) 944-4373 to schedule a free consultation. I will meet you at any time or place that is convenient for you.
Burn injuries have long-lasting consequences that can affect your ability to lead a normal life. I want to protect your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve. As your catastrophic injury lawyer, I’ll be there for you, and I’ll Make Them Pay!®
Author: Tim Misny | For over 39 Years, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in birth injury, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving “Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Columbus & Cincinnati, Ohio.” You can reach Tim by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 1 (877) 944-4373.