For 39 Years, I have represented accident victims; When someone has been involved in a bad truck accident, it is important to quickly determine whether the other person involved in the accident was driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
As an experienced truck accident lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio, I have handled many accident cases involving Commercial Motor Vehicles.
A CMV is defined as a “motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicles used in commerce to transport passengers or property.” A CMV…
- Has a gross combination weight rating or gross combination weight of 11,794 kilograms or more (26,001 pounds or more), whichever is greater, inclusive of a towed unit(s) with a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of more than 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds), whichever is greater; or
- Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of 11,794 or more kilograms (26,001 or more pounds), whichever is greater; or
- Is designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver; or
- Is of any size and is used in the transportation of materials found to be hazardous…”
Accidents involving Commercial Motor Vehicles are far more complex than typical automobile accidents because CMV’s are held to greater regulatory safety codes. If you or a loved one were involved in an accident with a Commercial Motor Vehicle, you have to call me right away to help you get the compensation you deserve.
I have found that truck accidents, in particular, often affect more than just the driver of the car involved.
Others individuals, besides the driver of the car may also be victims of truck accidents, for instance:
- Passengers of the truck
- Passengers of the other vehicle involved
- Trucking company employees
While most motor vehicle accidents are caused by one driver’s negligence, truck accidents can have a number of different causes – some have nothing to do with negligence, but rather are a result of dangerous truck driving practices and policies.
As a Cleveland lawyer, I have represented truck accident victims injured due to a host of issues including:
- Negligent driving
- Failure to properly maintain the CMV
- Hours of Service Violations
- Poor Driver Fitness
My goals in representing you or your loved one who has been injured by a commercial motor vehicle are two-fold:
First and foremost, I want to help you obtain fair and just compensation for your injuries. Secondly, if the accident was caused by a dangerous truck driving practice, I want to change policy, so that the tragedy that happened to you or your family member won’t happen to anyone else.
With my experience and resources, I am able to fight for my clients against the large trucking companies who will try to outspend and outlast people bringing claims. If I am your truck accident lawyer, I can match them dollar for dollar.
What to Expect from a Cleveland Truck Accident Lawyer
If I take your case, I am happy to meet with you at a time and place that is most convenient for you. I will give you my direct dial cell phone number, so you will have complete access to me. I do this because I understand that, often, my clients’ needs do not fit neatly into a 9-5, Monday through Friday work schedule.
My fee is a contingency which means it is a percentage based upon the total recovery. If I am your truck accident lawyer, you will not pay one cent unless your case is successful. I also pay any and all costs associated with your case.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Cleveland, you need to call me immediately at 1 (877) 944-4373.
As your Cleveland truck accident lawyer, I’ll be there for you, and I’ll Make Them Pay!®