Going through a Workers’ Compensation claim following a workplace injury can be a long, tedious process. Rather than handling everything on your own, your main priority should be healing. Let me handle the difficult part for you and get you the compensation you deserve.
Before you file a claim, your first question may be, “What kind of injuries do Workers’ Compensation claims cover?
The Bureau of Workers Compensation recognizes the following injuries:
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
- Loss of limb use
- Back, neck strains and sprains
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Arm, shoulder, and hand injury
- Hip, knee, leg, ankle, and foot injury
- Torn ligaments
- Repetitive trauma injury claims
- Heart attacks
- Occupational disease claims
- Brain injury
- Paralysis (spinal injury)
Additionally, your Workers’ Compensation claim also covers third party vehicle accidents (link to 3rd party claims page) including auto, truck, train, plane, etc.
While the physical injuries are more obvious, many Ohio workers experience workplace illnesses.
The following illnesses may be compensated through a workers’ compensation claim:
- Cardiovascular pulmonary or respiratory illness (police and firefighters)
- Dust exposure causing respiratory tract diseases
- Skin conditions/infections (caused by contact with fumes, liquids, lubricants, fumes, vapors, oils, gases)
- Carpel tunnel syndrome/tendonitis
- Lead/phosphorus/arsenic poisoning
- Skin/nasal passage ulceration
- Chemical poisoning (i.e. carbon dioxide, benzene, gasoline, potassium cyanide)
If you have suffered a workplace injury or a workplace illness and you aren’t sure if your employer’s insurance will cover you, I urge you to contact my office today to find out.
Workers’ Compensation claims can be a long, drawn out process and often end poorly for the injured victim without the assistance of an experience attorney.
Don’t wait for your claim to be denied! Contact me today for your free consultation. As your Ohio workers’ compensation lawyer, I’ll be there for you, and I’ll Make Them Pay!®