Falls can lead to debilitating and catastrophic injuries. For so many people in the Cleveland area, a fall from heights or a slip and fall accident can lead to a devastating brain injury or a fracture that severely limits mobility. Much too often, fall accidents and injuries happen because someone else was negligent.
For example, a construction site owner might not have purchased proper safety equipment for workers on roofs or scaffolds, or a business owner might have failed to repair a damaged stairway railing. Negligence can take many different forms when it comes to fall-related injuries.
As an aggressive Cleveland catastrophic injury attorney who has been serving the Ohio community for decades, I know how important it is to hold the at-fault party accountable. I can speak with you today about your options for seeking financial compensation, and we can get started on your claim.
Getting the Facts About Falls in Cleveland, Ohio
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) emphasizes that falls and fall-related injuries are both “serious and costly,” and many people who suffer injuries in a fall are likely to sustain additional injuries later on. The following are some key facts and figures about the catastrophic nature of fall-related injuries provided by the CDC:
- About 20% of fall-related accidents result in a serious or catastrophic injury, such as a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or broken bones;
- Approximately 3 million older adults require treatment in emergency departments every year for injuries they sustained in falls;
- More than 800,000 people must be hospitalized annually as a result of a fall injuries;
- Approximately 300,000 older adults are hospitalized every year for hip fractures resulting from falls;
- About 95% of hip fractures are linked to fall-related accidents;
- Falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries in the U.S., including concussions; and
- Medical costs for fall-related injuries often total more than $50 billion per year.
Where Do Falls Happen in Cleveland?
Falls can happen almost anywhere and may cause catastrophic injuries. Some common places for fall-related accidents include but are not limited to:
- Construction sites;
- Poorly lit outdoor walkways;
- Indoor hallways;
- Rooms with loose area rugs; and
- Restrooms without handrails.
Common Injuries in Fall-Related Accidents
Catastrophic injuries are common in fall-related accidents. The CDC cites some of the following as the most common injuries in falls:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including mild TBIs like concussions;
- Hip fractures;
- Wrist and arm fractures;
- Ankle fractures; and
- Internal bleeding.
Contact Me for Help with Your Fall Injury Claim
Fall-related injuries can be catastrophic, especially when a person is involved in an accident that causes a fall from heights, or when an older adult suffers a slip and fall injury. As an experienced catastrophic injury attorney in Cleveland, Ohio, I have years of experience holding at-fault parties accountable for catastrophic injuries. I know how important this claim is to you and to your family, and I’ll Make Them Pay!® Call me today at 877.944.4373 to learn more about how I can help you get the financial compensation you deserve.