Neck injuries can happen in many different ways, and they can vary greatly in terms of their severity. Some neck injuries result from muscle strain due to repetitive or overuse in certain jobs, while other neck injuries are traumatic and can be caused by serious car accidents or falls, for example.
If you suffer a neck injury, it can be difficult or even impossible to go to work, and you could be facing substantial medical bills. If someone else is responsible for your neck injury, you could be eligible to file a claim for compensation. If your injury occurred on the job, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
As an experienced Cleveland personal injury lawyer, I have years of experience representing clients in many different types of injury claims, and I can begin working with you on your neck injury case. I will do everything I can to help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
What is a Neck Injury?
The neck has many different parts, and any of them can be injured. According to Medline Plus, the following are all parts of your neck that can be injured by repetitive use or strain, as well as in traumatic incidents:
- Ligaments; and
In many cases, neck pain may also result from an injury to nearby areas of the body, such as a shoulder injury, jaw injury, head injury, or upper arm injury.
Common Types of Neck Injuries in Cleveland
If you experience any type of neck pain that prevents you from engaging in regular activity, it is extremely important to see a physician. When you experience neck, shoulder, or head pain after an accident, it is more important than ever to be evaluated by a healthcare provider to make sure your injury does not worsen or lead to a permanent disability. The following are among the most common types of neck injuries:
- Whiplash: this is a neck injury that usually results from a rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck that commonly results from car accidents. Whiplash can result in damage to the soft tissues in the neck, such as muscles, ligaments, and nerves.
- Spinal cord injury: an injury to the neck can affect the spinal cord injury, and in some cases such an injury can result in paralysis or death. Car accidents are a common cause of traumatic spinal cord injuries.
- Vertebrae fractures: in some traumatic accidents, the vertebra in a person’s neck can break. This type of injury is almost always a medical emergency that can also result in severe damage to the spinal cord. It may lead to injury or death.
- Disk injury: some neck injuries involve damage to a vertebral disk. Typically these injuries result from heavy lifting, and they may occur at the workplace.
- Repetitive strain injuries: poor posture in the workplace can lead to a repetitive strain injury in the neck.
Call Me for Assistance with Your Neck Injury Case
If you were involved in a serious accident and suffered a neck injury, it is essential to find out more about your options for seeking compensation. As an experienced Cleveland accident attorney, I routinely assist injury victims with catastrophic and serious injury claims resulting from a wide variety of accidents.
While some neck injuries are relatively minor and allow an injury victim to recover, other kinds of neck injuries can result in permanent disabilities. If someone else was responsible for your neck injury, I want to help you seek the financial compensation you deserve. Call my office today at 877.944.4373 to learn more about how I can help. I’ll Make Them Pay!®