So, you just experienced an injury do to a slip, and or trip and you fell. You are injured badly and not sure what you should do. Whether the injury happens inside or outside, If the injuries are severe you should seek medical attention right away. This includes calling the EMS/Police. Studies show that over half of all falls happen because the victim trips or slips. Most of the time there is debris, water, ice, snow, potholes, or other types of hazards that cause a person to fall and get injured.

If something does not look right to you it also may be helpful to others if you say something. Mention it to a store manager or a person that works there. You could save someone from being hurt badly.

Hazards to look out for

  • Wet floors
  • Holes in the ground
  • Ice
  • Snow
  • Crumbs of food
  • Any type of liquid
  • Tight enclosed aisles
  • Cracked areas

If you are a victim of a fall, this is a good time to gather information about the incident, such as where it happened, what caused the fall, and if you can take pictures using your cell phone. This can be very helpful down the road when pursuing the incident with an attorney. After you gather evidence report the incident whether it be to the property owner, store manager, etc.

After medical attention is obtained, call a layer immediately. This will protect you and your individual rights. Most people assume right away that whoever owns the property is responsible for your injury, however this might not be the case. We must first establish that your injury was caused by a disfunction in the store/property. We must then prove the property owner was aware of the hazard, but failed to fix it. Whatever the case may be it is always important to call me.

If you or a loved one has been a victim of a slip in fall contact my office Immediately! As your personal Injury Lawyer I’ll be there for you! I’ll Make them pay! 877.944.4373

Author: Tim Misny | For over four decades, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in in birth injurymedical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving ClevelandAkron/CantonColumbusDayton and neighboring communities. You can reach Tim by email at

Catastrophic Injuries