The point of a vacation is to be able to get away for a while and spend time with family stress free and enjoy it. Well that’s what a family of four was doing in Mexico until they died from a gas leak in their condo. An American family on a getaway to Mexico ended badly when the Mexican police found all 4, Parents and their children dead inside The Tulum condominium.
Authorities stated the family had died from asphyxia by inhalation of toxic gas. More evidence points to the boiler inside the condo that was releasing high amounts of gas causing the death. No further reports have been released whether the condo was equipped with gas alarms or detectors. All that was said by the resort was that it had sold the condominium a while back to a private owner back in 2013.
Warning Signs of Gas Leak (What to watch for)
- Higher than normal gas bills.
- The smell of sulfur or rotten eggs in your home.
- Difficulty or irregular breathing.
- Chest Pain.
Always be sure to check in home carbon monoxide/gas monitors, alarms, or detectors to see if they are fully functional and working.
It is unimaginable what the loved ones of the family have to go through and it is unacceptable on the owner’s part for anything like this to ever happen. Don’t let a mishap take control and affect your life. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed by a situation due to someone’s negligence call me! I’ll be there for you and answer any questions you may have. I’ll Make them Pay!®
Author: Tim Misny | For over four decades, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in in birth injury, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Columbus, Dayton and neighboring communities. You can reach Tim by email at misnylaw.com/ask-tim-a-question/ or call at 877.944.4373.