Any time you drive through a state capital you probably expect there to be a great deal of traffic congestion. If you live there, you know which routes to take and which areas to avoid.
For those who are not fully familiar with our capital’s roadways, the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) has compiled statistics that rank the highest car accident zones in the Columbus region.
MORPC, the Ohio Department of Transportation, and the Ohio Department of Public Safety revealed the top 10 high-crash areas in central Ohio:
- Broad St / SR 16 at James Rd
- E Livingston Ave at Hamilton Rd / SR 317
- Dublin Granville Rd / SR 161 at Maple Canyon Dr
- Cleveland Ave at Morse Rd – Columbus
- Broad St / SR 16 at Lancaster Ave /Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd
- Oakland Park Ave at Westerville Rd /SR 3
- Morse Rd at Northtowne Blvd / Walford St
- Cleveland Ave at Innis Rd
- Cleveland Ave at Dublin Granville Rd / SR 161
- Hilliard Rome Rd at Roberts Rd
MORPC and ODOT researched car crash statistics from 2013 to 2015 and, out of those two years, the number one high-crash intersection—Broad St at James Rd—had 172 car crashes and 1 fatal crash.
One major issue the study discovered was that many of these crashes were due to drivers running red lights or not yielding to yellow lights.
Whether you are a new driver or a seasoned driver, you should always drive with care and caution—especially in high-traffic regions like the ones listed above. If you or a family member has been injured in a motor vehicle accident due to another driver’s negligence, please call me immediately.
As your Ohio car accident attorney, I’ll be there for you, and I will Make Them Pay!®
Author: Tim Misny | For over four decades, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in in birth injury, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving “Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Columbus, Dayton and neighboring communities.” You can reach Tim by email at misnylaw.com/ask-tim-a-question/ or call at 1 (877) 944-4373.