Ohio Accident Attorney Representing Clients in SUV Collisions
Traffic collisions can involve any type of motor vehicle, and pedestrians and bicyclists can also suffer life-threatening and fatal injuries in these crashes. While many motorists know that accidents involving large trucks like 18-wheelers and semi-trucks can prove deadlier than other multi-vehicle collisions due to the sheer size and weight of those trucks, sport utility vehicles (SUVs) can similarly be more dangerous in collisions with pedestrians, bicyclists, and occupants of smaller passenger cars due to the size and weight of many SUVs on the road.
Indeed, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), “people in lighter vehicles are at a disadvantage in collisions with heavier vehicles,” and “pickups and SUVs generally are heavier than cars, so occupant deaths in SUVs and pickups are less likely to occur in multiple-vehicle crashes.”
In the event an SUV driver needs to swerve to avoid a collision caused by another motorist, or road conditions lead to a single-vehicle accident, SUVs can be more likely to rollover, resulting in fatalities. Whether you were injured in a collision caused by an SUV or you sustained serious injuries in a SUV rollover accident caused by another party’s careless or reckless behavior, I want to help you seek financial compensation for your losses. As an experienced accident attorney in Ohio, I have years of experience representing clients in a wide range of accident claims and can speak with you today about your case.
Getting the Facts About SUV Accidents in Ohio
Accidents involving SUVs often lead to more serious injuries than collisions involving other passenger vehicles. The following are some statistics from the IIHS, PBS Frontline, and Consumer Reports concerning SUV collisions:
- Approximately 70,000 SUV rollover accidents happen annually;
- A standard-sized SUV is “16 times as likely as the typical family car to kill occupants of another vehicle in a crash”;
- SUVs have had the highest rollover rates of all passenger vehicles in the 21st century;
- Older model SUVs in particular have far fewer safety mechanisms than newer SUVs, making them more likely to rollover and more likely to be involved in a collision with a smaller passenger vehicle;
- Speeding significantly increases the likelihood of an SUV rollover accident; and
- SUVs have been cited as a leading cause in the recent rise of pedestrian accidents across the U.S.
Contact Me for Help with Your SUV Accident Case
On Ohio roads, SUVs can cause serious and deadly injuries to motorists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians. While these vehicles are still passenger vehicles, they are often larger and weigh more than other smaller passenger cars. In addition, even in single-vehicle collisions, occupants of SUVs may sustain more severe injuries due to the likelihood of a rollover accident.
In short, if you were injured in an SUV accident and another party was at fault, I want to help you seek the financial compensation you deserve. As an experienced Ohio accident lawyer, I know what it takes to prove that you are entitled to damages. I’ll Make Them Pay!® Contact me today at 877.944.4373 to get started on your SUV accident case.