As much as we don’t want to believe it, doctors are human, and they make mistakes. Despite this universal truth, we still have to put trust in our healthcare providers. We have to trust that they will provide us with the level of care required to keep us safe.
When a mistake is made and you or someone you love is injured because of a doctor’s negligence, your only recourse may be to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Here are some things you should know about medical malpractice claims in Ohio:
- In 2012, medical malpractice claims hit an all-time low in Ohio at 2,733 claims filed.
- The average payment for successful medical malpractice claims in Ohio is $307,852 per claim.
- 4 in every 5 Ohio malpractice claims result in no compensation for the claimant.
- Improper treatment, including the failure to treat or delayed treatment, was the cause of the greatest number of medical malpractice claims in Ohio.
The following are some interesting facts of medical malpractice across the country:
- As many as 444,000 people die each year from medical errors.
- Medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death.
- Many physicians believe that patient volume is the cause of medical errors.
- The greatest number of malpractice claims come from anesthesia mistakes, obstetrics, misdiagnosis, and surgical mistakes.
- Over 95% of malpractice claims are settled out of court.
Despite doctors’ best efforts, medical mistakes can’t be prevented. If you or a family member was the victim of medical malpractice, you have to call me at 1 (800) 556-4769.
I have the knowledge and resources to fight for you, and get you the compensation you need despite the obstacles that have been placed in your way.
Author: Tim Misny | For over 34 years, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in birth injury, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving “Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Columbus & Cincinnati, Ohio.” You can reach Tim by email at email@example.com or call at 1 (800) 556-4769.