Now that summer is here, more people are out on the road, boating, visiting recreational areas, enjoying amusement parks and swimming in private or municipal pools. This creates more opportunity for accidents to occur. Auto crashes especially tend to spike during the summer months.
When someone is injured by another person’s negligence or recklessness, they may be able to file a claim and recoup compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and more. The Law Offices of Tim Misny can evaluate your claim and let you know which legal options are available.
Here are some of the most common causes of summertime accidents:
- Operating vehicles and boats under the influence: Cars, trucks, ATVs, boats and other vehicles are fun to use in the summer, but it’s important to watch your alcohol consumption and stay alert for drunk drivers. It’s easy to underestimate how much you’ve had to drink—and there’s no guarantee others are as conscientious.
- Increased number of vehicles on the road: In addition to increased summer road travel, summer is also the perfect time for teen drivers to practice. Unlike winter, there’s little chance of ice, snow and other challenging conditions. More cars on the road—and more inexperienced drivers—increases the chances of car accidents.
- Hot temperatures: When the weather is hot, engines are more likely to overheat, tires are more likely to blow out and engine belts are more likely to snap. When that happens on a busy road, other drivers must be prepared to avoid collisions.
- Increased construction: Summer months are prime time from construction, on the road and otherwise. Roadblocks and barrels increase the chances of vehicle accidents, while construction sites themselves can have hidden dangers for workers and passersby.
- More pedestrians and bicycles: In addition to more vehicles on the road, there are also more pedestrians and bicycles enjoying the weather. Plus, because children are out of school, you should be on alert for children darting into the street or riding their bikes.
- Less supervision for children: Similarly, it’s important to keep an eye out for kids when you’re enjoying pools, playgrounds, amusement parks and more. Children are unable to appreciate certain risks, and accidents can happen in seconds. Be sure to take appropriate safety precautions and never leave children unattended—even in wading pools.
Understanding potential summertime risks gives you a better chance of preventing accidents. For assistance with your claim, call us as soon as possible.
Call an Ohio accident attorney today
The Law Offices of Tim Misny can help you with your accident claim. If you or a loved one were injured due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, I’ll Make Them Pay!® Call my office at (800) 556-4769 so that I can evaluate your case right away.