Spinal cord injuries are devastating, life-altering, and the most serious type of catastrophic injury. Spinal cord injuries touch approximately 11,000 people annually. If you or someone you love has experienced a spinal cord injury, you know it doesn’t just affect the injured person, but that person’s entire family..
Spinal cord injuries result in a lifetime of physical and psychological distress. Serious spinal cord injuries are classified in one of two ways – paraplegia and quadriplegia.
- Paraplegia. Paralysis of the lower extremities. Paraplegia can leave a person dependent on a wheelchair and can also result in impotence, as well as urinary and bowel incontinence.
- Quadriplegia. This type of paralysis happens when there is trauma to the upper spinal cord. Quadriplegia causes paralysis in all four limbs, affecting motor function, breathing, and all bodily functions.
The most common causes of spinal cord injuries:
- Car Accidents cause approximately 50% of all spinal cord injuries
- Falls account for 22% of spinal cord injuries
- Acts of violence, i.e. gunshots and stabbing
- Sports-related injuries, such as football and gymnastics
- Work accidents
- Medical Malpractice
Individuals with spinal cord injury are forced to change the entire course of their lives. They often can no longer work, drive, care for themselves, their children, or engage in recreational activities. They become permanently disabled, requiring 24 hour care, continuous hospitalizations, physical and occupational therapy, and even a new residence that is wheel-chair accessible.
If you’re spinal cord injury was the result of someone else’s mistake, you have to call me today to set up a free consultation.
Make Them Pay
You should not have to suffer the financial burden alone. I can help you get the compensation you deserve and live as normal of a life as possible after your injury. I will fight for your justice and fight to Make Them Pay.
I will meet with you at a time and place that is convenient for you. I have office locations all over Ohio to accommodate your needs. I will be in your corner fighting for you. As your catastrophic injury lawyer, I’ll be there for you, and I’ll Make Them Pay!®
Author: Tim Misny | For over 33 years, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in birth injury, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving “Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Columbus & Cincinnati, Ohio.” You can reach Tim by email at [email protected] or call at 1 (877) 944-4373.