Medical malpractice and birth injury lawsuits are incredibly complex. If you or someone you love was made the victim of a medical mistake, it is important to find an attorney who has experience in the area of medical malpractice and medical negligence.
Just as important as it is to find a lawyer with experience, it is important to retain a lawyer with the resources to fight for you. A medical malpractice case requires the use of expert witnesses to prove that a medical professional failed to act in accordance with his or her required standard of care. Having access to good expert witnesses comes at a cost, and you need a lawyer who has the financial resources to obtain expert witnesses to prove your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
What types of expert testimony is needed for your medical malpractice case?
- Medical experts to educate the jury about the standard of care, and explain what could have and should have been done to prevent the injury
- Medical experts to educate the jury about your prognosis and the long-term effects of your injuries
- Life-care planners and economists to help calculate the cost of living and care following the injuries
- Vocation experts who are knowledgeable about how your injuries will affect your ability to work in your field following your injuries
In other types of personal injury cases, you may require the same experts listed above, but you may also need:
- Accident re-constructionists who will be able to inform the jury about how a car accident happened and who was truly at fault
- Construction and safety experts who can explain how and why unsafe conditions caused a work accident
- Engineering experts who can explain why a dangerous product was improperly designed or manufactured to cause injury
A malpractice lawyer with experience and resources will know exactly what type of expert testimony you need to prove your case.
Your medical malpractice attorney will be able to inform you if he feels that expert testimony will be needed in your case. When a personal injury case is very complex, and your attorney feels that it may be difficult for the jury to understand some of the issue, he will hire an expert witness.
If you or someone you love was injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, you need to call me right away at 1 (877) 944-4373. I have the resources to fight for you and protect you, as well as the experience and tools to prove your case . As your personal injury lawyer, I’ll be there for you, and I’ll Make Them Pay!®
Author: Tim Misny | For over 33 years, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in birth injury, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving “Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Columbus & Cincinnati, Ohio.” You can reach Tim by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 1 (877) 944-4373.