Ohio Accident Attorney Representing Plaintiffs in Holiday Accident Claims
Accidents around the holidays can occur in a variety of ways. Sometimes serious accidents and injuries happen at home (or at the home of a friend or family member), while other accidents and injuries can occur while you are at retail stores running errands or while commuting to work. No matter where you are, it is important to understand the varied ways in which accidents can happen during the holiday season. As an experienced and dedicated Ohio accident attorney, I want to make sure you understand the risks, as well as the information you will need if you get hurt and plan to file a claim.
Different Types of Common Holiday Accidents in Ohio
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), holiday accidents can take many forms and can happen in a variety of locations. The following are some of the most common types of holiday accidents:
- Motor vehicle collisions that occur as a result of wintry weather or that occur on the busiest holiday travel days of the year;
- Fires that result from holiday decorating or cooking, including fires connected to holiday lights, candles, Christmas trees, fireplaces, turkey fryers, and stove and oven cooking;
- Burn injuries that result from holiday cooking, including indoor cooking and outdoor use of turkey fryers;
- Fall injuries that occur during outdoor or indoor holiday decorating;
- Food poisoning that results from damaged food products or improper handling of foods; and
- Child injuries that result from defects in toys and other children’s products.
Timetable for Filing a Holiday Accident Lawsuit
All personal injury lawsuits come with a statute of limitations, which is the time window in which you must file a lawsuit before it becomes time barred. Most holiday accident lawsuits have a two-year statute of limitations under Ohio law. Accordingly, if you are injured in an accident during the holiday season, you will most likely have two years from the date of the injury to file your lawsuit.
However, as time goes by, you might fail to keep track of the statute of limitations, and the clock can run out. It is always better to get in touch with me as soon as you are injured so that I can begin gathering evidence for your claim and ensuring that your lawsuit is filed in a timely manner.
Contact Me for Assistance with Your Case
There are many different kinds of accidents and injuries that can happen during the holiday season, from motor vehicle collisions to defective product incidents. If someone else may be liable for your injuries, it is important to learn more about filing a claim for compensation. As soon as you get in touch with me, I can begin working on your case. As an experienced and aggressive Ohio accident lawyer, I know what it takes to win a claim. I also know how important it is for you to be compensated for your losses. I’ll Make Them Pay!® Call my office today at 877.944.4373 to learn more about how I can help you.