One of the most common questions clients ask is, “how much is my car accident settlement worth?” The answer varies, depending on several factors. The best way to estimate potential compensation is by calling a personal injury attorney.
When you schedule a consultation with the Law Offices of Tim Misny, we can review your claim and give you a car accident settlement estimate, based on decades of experience with similar cases. Because insurance companies have a vested interest in paying as little as possible, it’s important to talk to an attorney before accepting a settlement offer.
Here are some of the factors that could affect your car accident settlement:
- Accident severity: The severity of your accident makes a difference in your ultimate settlement amount. This includes how fast both cars were going, how severe the damage was, whether the airbags deployed, whether the car still functioned after the accident and how the accident actually occurred. Even the location of the accident (highway versus street) can have an impact.
- Medical assistance: We always recommend accident victims get medical attention immediately, even if they don’t think they were injured. Our bodies’ fight-or-flight response can dull pain and send people into shock. Your injuries may not manifest until hours or days later—but if you fail to seek medical attention right away, insurance adjusters and juries may think your injuries weren’t so serious.
- Physical, mental and emotional injuries: The type, severity and persistence of your injuries will also have an effect on compensation.
- Medical expenses: Your medical bills (including related emotional and mental healthcare) are often the most expensive part of any accident. The higher your bills, the higher a fair settlement is likely to be.
- Insurance companies: Insurance adjusters want to pay out as little as possible, even when you’re suffering from catastrophic injuries. They will attempt to lowball their offers.
- Your personal injury attorney: Finally, having an attorney can make a huge difference. Whether your case settles out of court or is one of the rare claims to go to trial, having the Law Offices of Tim Misny on your side will help you get a fair settlement amount. Our team knows what your accident claim is likely worth, and will zealously advocate for a fair resolution.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Ohio, don’t delay: call the Law Offices of Tim Misny to start working toward an equitable settlement.
Talk to an Ohio personal injury lawyer about your accident claim
The Law Offices of Tim Misny can help you with your car accident case. When you’re the victim of negligence or recklessness, I’ll Make Them Pay!® Call my office at (800) 556-4769 so that I can evaluate your case right away.