Sadly in the cases of some birth injury, there might be a permanent damage to the infant’s state of being. There are certain types of injuries that families might need assistance with. Some of these include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Birth defect
- Birth Injury
- Loss of limb.
These types of injuries can burden a family emotionally, physically and financially. Life Care Planners can develop a personalized treatment plan to ease this burden of providing care to a family member with a permanent disability. Life Care Planners have many roles and include the following:
- Permanency in disability might require changes to the home, such as making it wheelchair accessible.
- Arranging a plan of action for the end of a hospital stay. Life Care Planners can assist in determining where the family member might be best taken care of, whether it be in their home or in a rehabilitation facility
- Planning for appointments with physical therapy, specialist and primary care physicians.
- Meeting transportation needs.
- Assisting with paperwork.
- Management of finances.
Having a special needs child can be overwhelming for parents and caretakers. Life Care Planners can help caregivers provide the best care possible for their loved one.
If you think your baby may have been injured during delivery, you must call me immediately.
I’ll be there for you, and I’ll Make Them Pay!®
Author: Tim Misny | For over four decades, personal injury lawyer Tim Misny has represented the injured victim in in birth injury, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases, serving Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Columbus, Dayton and neighboring communities. You can reach Tim by email at misnylaw.com/ask-tim-a-question/ or call at 877.944.4273